Villa Rising Sun Guest Services
Welcome: Your Inside Track
This is your time. And your time is precious. That's why we've created this guidebook. You'll find everything you need to know about our place and the surrounding area. From check-in time to the WiFi code. From great adventures to the best local restaurants. It's all here.
Feel free to ask us any questions and let us know how we can help but we do ask that the person renting be the contact person.
You want to have a wonderful stay and we want that for you too. This is your home for however long you are staying and we hope you'll be relaxed, comfortable and happy.
Please relax, unwind, have fun, and enjoy your stay!
TIP: you can save this guide on your smartphone for quick access. The process varies depending on the exact phone you have.
* For iPhone look for the share button (rectangle with arrow pointing up), tap it, and then tap "Add to Home screen".
*For Android tap the 3 vertical dots next to the browser, and then tap "Add to Home screen".
Then, next time you want to access the content, you just need to tap the icon instead of searching for the link in your inbox!
Villa Rising Sun, Lot 14, Phase 1, Sittee Point Estates, Hopkins Belize, Central America
GPS location 16.83684987671456, -88.26805707067257
Local Number 669-2660
CHECK IN AND ARRIVAL
Check in time is 4:00 pm
We will meet you at the Villa, show you around and answer any questions you may have. Should you arrive early we will try our very best to accommodate an early check-in or you can drop off your bags and try one of our recommended restaurants below or head to the grocery in the maps below and load up for your stay.
Your home is set up with all the necessary start up amenities you need for your arrival, including paper towels, trash bags, coffee, sugar, and creamer. You will need additional items for the length of your stay, but we've got a set to get you started. We will have ample supplies of bottled water, dish, hand and facial soaps, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash for your entire stay.
- For those that crave a 'check-list' - here is a fun list of reminders to bring to the beach.
- Cash. Most places do not take credit cards and ATM does not take cards with chips
- Good Sunglasses
- Hat for shade
- Shorts and short sleeve shirts (can be worn anywhere in Hopkins)
- Swim suit
- Open toe flip flops (you can wear them anywhere you go in Hopkins)
- A light weight cover-up for windy evenings and sunny days on the beach
- A device with music loaded. Many music services do not work in Belize. Apple and Amazon music do work here.
- Jungle adventures: light-weight long sleeve shirt and pants, closed shoes
- Island adventures: light-weight long sleeve shirt and pants
- Gluten intolerant guests will find most of the restaurants can easily accommodate you but gluten free items are hard to find in the groceries so bring your favorite goodies.
Items we provide you don’t need to bring:
- Hair dryers
- Body wash, soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Beach and bath towels
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Bedside USB chargers (just bring your cables)
- Beach and indoor games
- Beach float
Other items to consider:
As soon as you get off the plane you can go to the duty free store and get US brand liquors and good wine. The local rums and vodka here (purchase those in Hopkins) are very good and inexpensive but wine and US brand liquors are quite expensive in the Village.
GETTING TO THE VILLA (Concierge and Tour Services)
Our Property Manager, Mirko, is a fully licensed Tour Operator here in Belize as well as a Tropic Air agent and at no additional cost to you, will book all of your travel and tours, assuring you the best licensed guides and trips and a care free vacation. Below are three options for getting to Hopkins from the Belize City Airport. Tour services are listed towards the end of this list.
- You can rent a car at the airport and drive down which takes about 2-1/2 hours. It is a beautiful drive through the Mayan mountains, jungle, and villages along the highway. It does offer you flexibility once you get here. We will provide you with easy turn by turn directions. Crystal has good vehicles at a fair price and have a location right at the airport https://www.crystal-belize.com
- You can fly which is a 15 minute flight and we can have a vehicle pick you up at the Dangriga Airport and bring you here (about 30 minutes). I can book the flights for you and you just pay at the gate when you arrive with cash or credit card. Flights are about $95 US each way per person and the ride from the airport is $60 one way total for everyone. If this is what you want, simply forward your flight information for each person showing their name, to email@example.com and I will make the proper connecting flights and transfers for you and forward you your itinerary.
- We can have a van pick you up at the airport and drive you down. It’s $200 for up to four people and $250 for five or more total each way.
You don’t need to have a vehicle, we have many nice restaurants and bars a close walk to the Villa, however, it does offer you the freedom to explore the village and all the fun restaurants, bars, and music, which is spread out along the 3-1/2 mile beach and other area attractions that are close by.
On another note, you can rent a golf cart and can drive them anywhere in Hopkins. They are a great and fun way to see everything. A golf cart that would fit five is $65/day or $364/week which includes fuel, pick up and drop off. We can make reservations for you. Their current price list is below.
Golf Cart Rental Prices
Easy Driving Directions
Below are easy turn by turn driving directions directly to Villa Rising Sun to make your drive simple. If you would call me when you turn off the highway and enter the village, I will meet you at the Villa and get you all checked in.
Driving Directions from the Belize International Airport (2.5 – 3 hours). For your safety, we recommend not making the drive at night. Do not take the Costal Road, it is not a highway and impassable many times of the year.
1. Take the airport road to the Northern Highway. There will be a Shell gas station on your left at this intersection (2 minutes, 1 mile).
2. Turn left on the Northern Highway and travel to the Burrell Boom cutoff. There will be tall communication tower on the left side of the road before the Burrell Boom cutoff (10 minutes). Turn left on the Burrell Boom road and take it until it meets the Western Highway at a roundabout in Hattieville. Stay right. (15 minutes, 11.5 miles)
3. Turn right or west on the Western Highway and take it past the Coastal Highway until you reach the Hummingbird Highway which goes through the outskirts of the capital, Belmopan (40 minutes, 32 miles).
4. Turn left on the Hummingbird Highway. You will pass a couple of gas stations shortly after you turn on this road. If you need gas, get it!
5. Continue on the Hummingbird Highway through the Maya Mountains, past citrus groves until you reach the Southern Highway. Please note that there are many one-lane bridges on the Hummingbird Highway. Please be alert! (1 hour, 10 minutes, 48 miles)
6. Turn right on the Southern Highway. Soon after you pass through Silk Grass Village there will be a road to the left toward Hopkins. Turn left on the Hopkins Road. (5 minutes, 10 miles).
7. Take the Hopkins Road until you reach Hopkins. (10 minutes, 6 miles).
8. Turn right at the junction in Hopkins (the only stop signs) in the village.
9. Drive for 2.2 miles (you will pass Jaguar Reef, Parrot Cove and Beaches & Dreams). Villa Rising Sun is the 7th building past Beaches and Dreams on the left (beach side). It's a large yellow Villa with a garage and a sign above the garage. There is a guest parking space in the driveway. Our GPS location is 16.83684987671456, -88.26805707067257 and my local phone number is 669-2660.
WIFI / INTERNET DETAILS
The Villa has free Wi-Fi throughout the Villa as well as on the beach, beach bar and the dock. The details are:
ID: Rising Sun Guest
The service is provided for your enjoyment but you are responsible for safe and appropriate use and complying with all laws. If there is any loss of service please contact us.
For More Fun In The Sun we added a huge over the water hammock, swings, and several benches.
View the web link below for an updated cable channel guide
BEACH BAR AND REFRIGERATORS
There is a full size refrigerator with ice maker inside and a small refrigerator and freezer at the bar. The bar has a sink with filtered water, a Bluetooth stereo, lighting, six bar stools, two tables and eight chairs. Plenty of room for a nice dinner on the beach and a great spot to escape the sun and enjoy your favorite adult beverages. Make certain you bring a portable device loaded with your favorite music to make your evenings even more enjoyable.
All kitchen equipment is self explanatory but please ask if you need any assistance. We have a number of appliances, all the pots and pans, cooking utensils and silverware you should need for a large group so dig around the cabinets and make yourself at home.
Some of the items we have are:
A blender, Child's high chair (available upon request), Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Outdoor Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator/Freezer, Rice steamer, Spices, Toaster, Water dispenser with purified water. Just let us know if you need more purified water anytime.
You will find a main AC unit in the main room that cools are the common areas, as well as units in the master and back bedroom that allows you to control the temperature of the home. Additionally, we have ceiling fans in the main area, bedrooms, and bathrooms. If you're running the air conditioning, please ensure that all windows and outside doors are closed to ensure it operate to maximum efficiency.
We recommend a setting of 73F / 23C which we find keeps the place at a comfortable temperature. Setting the AC units below this may cause the unit to freeze and stop working. Please let us know right away if that happens.
We all know how much equipment it takes to keep the little ones healthy and happy, and how much of a hassle it is to bring that stuff with you everywhere you go. Not to worry, we can supply of all of the baby and child equipment you could need while on vacation. So don’t drag it all down here with you. We can have a high chair and crib delivered and assembled before your arrival. We prefer that you provide your own linens but will supply a crib sheet if needed. Please let us know where you would like the furniture set up. It’s best to reserve your equipment as early as possible, as they occasionally will sell out during holiday and peak-season times.
We have a couple of floats so you can relax in the warm Caribbean Sea so don’t worry about bringing those. We also have a complimentary two person kayak, several loungers and beach chairs as well as beach towels. If you book a snorkeling or fishing adventure the guides will supply all the gear for those occasions as well.
We have four complimentary bikes for your use.
MAPS & GETTING AROUND
This may be the most important thing to assure you have a great time. It is a map and list of our favorite local places. This is a Google Map link and you can download the map for offline access making it a great tool when you are out and about without Wi-Fi access.
Favorite Local Spots in Hopkins
Hopkins Belize Guide
Hopkins Map (older)
ADVENTURES AND TOURS
We provide tours with some of the best guides in Belize. All our guides are licensed by the Belize Tourism Board to assure you skilled and knowledgeable guides held to the highest standards and utilizing proper safety equipment. Because Mirko is a licensed Tour Operator and that is part of our offering, you will find all of our tours very well priced and tours are private so we can customize them for you and you don’t have to entertain a bunch of strangers. All tours can be arranged one day ahead, which is best so we can monitor the weather and your energy levels. There is an entire book of available tours with current prices ready for you in the villa when you arrive. You can arrange all tours one day ahead of time which allows you to plan as you go and keep an eye on the weather.
- Mayflower Bocawina National Park (hiking, swimming, waterfalls, wildlife)
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary & Jaguar Preserve (hiking, swimming, waterfalls, river tubing, wildlife)
- Placencia Visit & Shopping Tour by Car or Boat
- Monkey River Tour by Car & Boat
- Western Mayan Ruins Tour: Cayo District (Xunantunich & Cahal Pech)
- Southern Mayan Ruins Tour: Toledo District (Nim Li Punit & Lubaantun)
- Cave Tubing & Blue Hole (St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park)
- St. Herman's Cave & Blue Hole (St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park)
- Combo: St. Herman's Cave, Cave Tubing & Blue Hole (St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park)
- Crystal Cave (St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park)
- ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal Natural Monument)
- Zip Line (Mayflower Bocawina National Park)
- Night Flying (Mayflower Bocawina National Park)
- Waterfall Rappelling, Antelope Falls & Bocawina Falls (Mayflower Bocawina National Park)
- Waterfall Expedition (Mayflower Bocawina National Park)
- Snorkeling Tours
- Fishing Trips
- Combo: Snorkeling and Fishing
- Sittee River Tour with Anderson Lagoon
- Sittee River Night Tour with Anderson Lagoon (bioluminescence)
- Glover's Reef Fishing and Snorkeling Trips
This is one tour we do not offer directly but here is a link to a great company just steps away.
RESTAURANT AND BAR GUIDE
There are so many great places to eat you will have a hard time picking where to go. We have put together a map with helpful information about all the places we recommend. It's hard to get a bad meal but these are our top favorites all put together on a map. Favorite Local Spots in Hopkins on Map
Here are some menus we have available.
Chef Robs Gourmet Cafe
Rainbow Chinese Carryout (just before Dong Lee)
Shake-It )kitchen open till midnight)
The whole family is together, enjoying themselves with the world’s most beautiful canvas as a backdrop. There is no better time to capture it all than now, with a professional family portrait. We have an extremely talented photographer in the area, Roi Brooks. Contact him at 651-3232 to discuss your needs.
PRIVATE COOK (Belizean style!)
Want to pamper yourself? Skip the grocery and have someone do the shopping and cooking for you. Shelmadene (Shelly) is a local woman that can cook up a terrific meal for the entire group. She will do the shopping, cook right at the Villa, serve your meal beach side at the bar, and clean everything when she is done. It’s one of our guests favorites. She charges $40 US plus the cost of the groceries to do it all and can normally get great fresh fish!
Local 650-4718 or 543-7227
IN HOME OR ON THE DOCK MASSAGE
For the ultimate in relaxation, what could be better than having the massage therapist come to you? Call us today and we can arrange for a one hour, in home or on the dock massage.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00am-10:30am
Just down the road is Jungle Jeanie’s Boutique Resort, world renown for Yoga. They have a beautiful Yoga Palapa nestled into the jungle that is only a few steps from the beach. After you enjoy a Yoga session you can take a quick dip or enjoy a 100% organic and natural smoothie at their beach bar.
Cost: usd$10 per person
Local 603-8057 or 604-1081
LIQUOR, GROCERIES AND FRUIT
Shopping in Hopkins is an experience in itself. It normally includes a trip to at least one grocery and fruit stand to get everything you want. Beer, wines, and liquor can be purchased at any of the grocery stores which are open 8 am till 9 pm. If you want a case of beer (We highly recommend the local Belikin) just ask at the grocery and they will get it for you. There is a deposit on the bottles and crate so don’t throw them out, just trade them in for new ones. The local vodka and rums are delicious. Try the Travelers One Barrel Rum or Lerska Vodka for a real treat.
Luckily we have a map with the best spots to shop. FiWi Mart is your best spot for groceries. The other two are a backup.
Groceries and Fruit
AIRLINES' LOCAL CONTACT LIST FOR MISPLACED OR LOST LUGGAGE
American Airlines - 610 4145
Delta - 225-3423/610-7414
United - 615-7169
South West - 225-4902 Ext 600
Avianca - 225-2163 (Ext 186)
Air Canada - 225-2163 (Ext 186)
Copa Airlines - 605-2279
Aero Dispatch (For AeroMexico & Sun Country Airlines) - 225-2163
Check out time is 10:00 am. If we do not have guests arriving the same day we will try and offer a late check out if you ask in advance. If we have guests arriving the same day the cleaners will be at the house at 10:00 am to start. We want you to enjoy every minute of your stay. Please don't mess with stripping the beds or towels. We have an industrial washing machine to take care of that.
Please do check that you leave (3) sets of house keys, (1) key for under the stairs, cell phone and charger cable.
(c) 2019 Villa Rising Sun LTD. All rights reserved.May not be duplicated in whole or part without written permission.