Villa Rising Sun Guest Services
Welcome. This is a special page we put together to help you get the most of your vacation. Feel free to ask us any questions and let us know how we can help.
Villa Rising Sun, Lot 14, Phase 1, Sittee Point Estates, Hopkins Belize, Central America
GPS location 16.83684987671456, -88.26805707067257
Local Number 669-2660
CHECK IN AND ARRIVAL
Check in time is 4:00pm
We will meet you at the Villa, show you around and answer any questions you may have.
Your home is set up with all the necessary start up amenities you need for your arrival, including paper towels, trash bags, coffee, sugar, and creamer. You will need additional items for the length of your stay, but we've got a set to get you started. We will have ample supplies of bottled water, dish, hand and facial soaps, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash for your entire stay.
- For those that crave a 'check-list' - here is a fun list of reminders to bring to the beach.
- Cash. Most places do not take credit cards and ATM does not take cards with chips
- Good Sunglasses
- Hat for shade
- Shorts and short sleeve shirts (can be worn anywhere in Hopkins)
- Swim suit
- Open toe flip flops (you can wear them anywhere you go in Hopkins)
- A light weight coverup for windy evenings and sunny days on the beach
- A device with music loaded. Many music services do not work in Belize
- Jungle adventures: light-weight long sleeve shirt and pants, closed shoes
- Island adventures: light-weight long sleeve shirt and pants
Items we provide you don’t need to bring:
- Hair dryers
- Liquid shower soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Beach towels
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Bedside USB chargers (just bring your cables)
- Beach and indoor games
Other items to consider:
As soon as you get off the plane you can go to the duty free store and get US brand liquors and good wine. The local rums and vodka here are very good and inexpensive but wine and US brand liquors are quite expensive in the Village.
GETTING TO THE VILLA (Concierge and Tour Services)
Our Property Manager, Mirko, is a fully licensed Tour Operator here in Belize as well as a Tropic Air agent and at no additional cost to you, will book all of your travel and tours, assuring you the best licensed guides and trips and a care free vacation. Below are three options for getting to Hopkins from the Belize City Airport. Tour services are listed towards the end of this list.
- You can rent a car at the airport and drive down which takes about 2-1/2hours. It is a beautiful drive through the Mayan mountains, jungle, and villages along the highway. It does offer you flexibility once you get here. We will provide you with easy turn by turn directions. Crystal has good vehicles at a fair price and have a location right at the airport https://www.crystal-belize.com
- You can fly which is a 15minute flight and we can have a vehicle pick you up at the Dangriga Airport and bring you here (about 30 minutes). I can book the flights for you and you just pay at the gate when you arrive with cash or credit card. Flights are about $95US each way per person and the ride from the airport is $60 one way total for everyone. If this is what you want, simply forward your flight information for each person showing their name, to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make the proper connecting flights and transfers for you and forward you your itinerary.
- We can have a van pick you up at the airport and drive you down. It’s $200 for up to four people and $250 for a van total each way.
You don’t need to have a vehicle, we have many nice restaurants and bars a close walk to the Villa, however, it does offer you the freedom to explore the village and all the fun restaurants, bars, and music, which is spread out along the 3-1/2 mile beach and other area attractions that are close by.
On another note, you can rent a golf cart and can drive them anywhere in Hopkins. They are a great and fun way to see everything. A golf cart that would fit five is $65 day or $364week which includes fuel, pick up and drop off. We can make reservations for you. Their current price list is below.
Golf Cart Rental Prices
Easy Driving Directions
Below are easy turn by turn driving directions directly to Villa Rising Sun to make your drive simple. If you would call me when you turn off the highway and enter the village, I will meet you at the Villa and get you all checked in.
Driving Directions from the Belize International Airport (2.5 – 3 hours). For your safety, we recommend not making the drive at night. Do not take the Costal Road, it is not a highway and impassable many times of the year.
1. Take the airport road to the Northern Highway. There will be a Shell gas station on your left at this intersection (2 minutes, 1 mile).
2. Turn left on the Northern Highway and travel to the Burrell Boom cutoff. There will be tall communication tower on the left side of the road before the Burrell Boom cutoff (10 minutes). Turn left on the Burrell Boom road and take it until it meets the Western Highway at a roundabout in Hattieville. Stay right. (15 minutes, 11.5 miles)
3. Turn right or west on the Western Highway and take it past the Coastal Highway until you reach the Hummingbird Highway which goes through the outskirts of the capital, Belmopan (40 minutes, 32 miles).
4. Turn left on the Hummingbird Highway. You will pass a couple of gas stations shortly after you turn on this road. If you need gas, get it!
5. Continue on the Hummingbird Highway through the Maya Mountains, past citrus groves until you reach the Southern Highway. Please note that there are many one-lane bridges on the Hummingbird Highway. Please be alert! (1 hour, 10 minutes, 48 miles)
6. Turn right on the Southern Highway. Soon after you pass through Silk Grass Village there will be a road to the left toward Hopkins. Turn left on the Hopkins Road. (5 minutes, 10 miles).
7. Take the Hopkins Road until you reach Hopkins. (10 minutes, 6 miles).
8. Turn right at the junction in Hopkins (the only stop signs) in the village.
9. Drive for 2.2 miles (you will pass Jaguar Reef, Parrot Cove and Beaches & Dreams). Villa Rising Sun is the 7th building past Beaches and Dreams on the left (beach side). It's a large yellow Villa with a garage and a sign above the garage. There is a guest parking space in the driveway. Our GPS location is 16.83684987671456, -88.26805707067257 and my local phone number is 669-2660.
For More Fun In The Sun we added a huge over the water hammock, swings, and several benches.
View the weblink below for an updated cable channel guide
BEACH BAR AND REFRIDGERATORS
There is a full size refrigerator with ice maker inside and a small refrigerator and freezer at the bar. The bar has a sink with filtered water, a Bluetooth stereo, dimmable lighting, several bar stools, two tables and eight chairs. Plenty of room for a nice dinner on the beach and a great spot to escape the sun and enjoy your favorite adult beverages. Make certain you bring a portable device loaded with your favorite music to make your evenings even more enjoyable.
We all know how much equipment it takes to keep the little ones healthy and happy, and how much of a hassle it is to bring that stuff with you everywhere you go. Not to worry, we can supply of all of the baby and child equipment you could need while on vacation. So don’t drag it all down here with you. We can have a high chair and crib delivered and assembled before your arrival. We prefer that you provide your own linens but will supply a crib sheet if needed. Please let us know where you would like the furniture set up. It’s best to reserve your equipment as early as possible, as they occasionally will sell out during holiday and peak-season times.
We have a couple of floats so you can relax in the warm Caribbean Sea so don’t worry about bringing those. We also have a complimentary two person kayak, several loungers and beach chairs as well as beach towels. If you book a snorkeling or fishing adventure the guides will supply all the gear for those occasions as well.
We have four complimentary bikes for your use.
MAPS & GETTING AROUND
He is a map and list of our favorite local places. This is a Google Map link and you can download the map for offline access making it a great tool when you are out and about without Wi-Fi access.
Favorite Local Spots in Hopkins
Hopkins Belize Guide
Hopkins Map (older)
ADVENTURES AND TOURS
We provide tours with some of the best guides in Belize. All our guides are licensed by the Belize Tourism Board to assure you skilled and knowledgeable guides held to the highest standards and utilizing proper safety equipment. Because Mirko is a licensed Tour Operator and that is part of our offering, you will find all of our tours very well priced and tours are private so we can customize them for you and you don’t have to entertain a bunch of strangers. All tours can be arranged one day ahead, which is best so we can monitor the weather and your energy levels.
List of tours here
This is one tour we do not offer directly but here is a link to a great company just steps away.
Belize Underwater (2 docks down)
There are so many great places to eat you will have a hard time picking where to go. We have put together a map with helpful information about all the places we recommend. It's hard to get a bad meal but these are our top favorites. Favorite Local Spots in Hopkins
Here are some menus we have available.
Chef Robs Gourmet Cafe
The whole family is together, enjoying themselves with the world’s most beautiful canvas as a backdrop. There is no better time to capture it all than now, with a professional family portrait. We have an extremely talented photographer in the area, Roi Brooks. Contact him at 651-3232 to discuss your needs.
PRIVATE COOK (Belizean style!)
Want to pamper yourself? Skip the grocery and have someone do the shopping and cooking for you. Shelmadene (Shelly) is a local woman that can cook up a terrific meal for the entire group. She will do the shopping, cook right at the Villa, serve your meal beach side at the bar, and clean everything when she is done. It’s one of our guests favorites. She charges $40 US plus the cost of the groceries to do it all and can normally get great fresh fish!
Local 650-4718 or 543-7227
IN HOME OR ON THE DOCK MASSAGE
For the ultimate in relaxation, what could be better than having the massage therapist come to you? Call us today and we can arrange for a one hour, in home or on the dock massage.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00am-10:30am
Just down the road is Jungle Jeanie’s Boutique Resort, world renown for Yoga. They have a beautiful Yoga Palapa nestled into the jungle that is only a few steps from the beach. After you enjoy a Yoga session you can take a quick dip or enjoy a 100% organic and natural smoothie at their beach bar.
Cost: usd$10 per person
Local 603-8057 or 604-1081
LIQUOR, GROCERIES AND FRUIT
Shopping in Hopkins is an experience in itself. It normally includes a trip to at least one grocery and fruit stand to get everything you want. Beer, wines, and liquor can be purchased at any of the grocery stores which are open 9am till 9pm. If you want a case of beer (We highly recommend the local Belikin) just ask at the grocery and they will get it for you. There is a deposit on the bottles so don’t throw them out, just trade them in for new ones. The local vodka and rums are delicious. Try the Travelers One Barrel Rum or Larks Vodka for a real treat.
Luckily we have a map with the best spots to shop. FiWi Mart is your best spot for groceries. The other two are a backup.
Groceries and Fruit
AIRLINES' LOCAL CONTACT LIST FOR MISPLACED OR LOST LUGGAGE
American Airlines - 610 4145
Delta - 225-3423/610-7414
United - 615-7169
South West - 225-4902 Ext 600
Avianca - 225-2163 (Ext 186)
Air Canada - 225-2163 (Ext 186)
Copa Airlines - 605-2279
Aero Dispatch (For AeroMexico & Sun Country Airlines) - 225-2163