Information for Families Traveling With Children
You are traveling with the whole family and keeping the kids happy is very important! Thankfully, Villa Rising Sun can help put the fun in your vacation for the little ones too. We have a bunch of helpful information on what we have, kid-friendly tours and activities, restaurants kids love and ideas to keep them busy so you can make the most of your hard earned vacation time.
Things We Have At The Villa
We have lots of things for kids of all ages. If you give us an age range we can get the right things out to better help plan appropriate tours and activities, even pickup things like juice boxes and Mac N Cheese to help make things easier for you. He is a list of some of the items we have available.
- Beach floats
- Coloring books and crayons
- Set of 4 Laser Tag Gun with Vests. Fun for the entire family!
- Beach sand toys
- Swings on the dock
- An over the water hammock
- Lots of streaming videos and stations for kids of all ages inside and at the beach bar!
- Board games
- Beach games
- Crib and highchair
- Queen size pull out sofa in the main area (right off the master bedroom so you are always a step away) with TV
Kid Friendly Tours
Many of our tours are perfect for you and the kids. All of our tours are private so when someone needs a nap or gets a little rowdy you don't have to worry. If you want to leave early, stop for a snack or change things up that is no problem on our private tours. It's all at your pace. Also, there are tons of activities that are safe and fun for the kids. Here is a few.
- King Lewey's Island (This is a small pirate-themed island with a nice restaurant and lots of photo ops. Very touristy but fun)
- Chocolate Making (Just a few miles away you can tour a small plantation, learn about and actually make your own cholate...then eat it!)
- Zip Lining (yep special zip-line safety harnesses for the little ones)
- River Tubing (Located nearby right where the zip-line is located is jungle river tubing. Shallow and safe for everyone)
- Belize Zoo (The zoo is home to more than 175 animals, all native to Belize. The natural environment of Belize is left entirely intact within the zoo.)
Activities that kids love
- Drummers at the Villa (They love the music and drumming lessons. You'll love dancing in the sand with a cold adult beverage!)
- Golf cart (Not everyone needs a golf cart but you'll have trouble keeping the kids out of it if you get one)
- Making sandcastles and playing on the beach (We have lots of beach toys to keep their minds busy while you enjoy a sunbath)
- Swimming (Our beach is a very gradual slope and all sandy bottom. No rip tides and normally only small waves)
- TV and Wi-Fi at the beach palapa (I know, you try and get them away from devices and TV but...it works!)
Kid Friendly Restaurants
While your children are welcome at any of the restaurants and bars, we know kids don't like setting for a long time and need fun food like grill cheese sandwiches, pizza and burgers. Hey, kids will be kids! With that in mind, here is a list of spots you can grab a good bite that the kids won't fight you over.
- Nice Cream (Delicious home-made ice cream)
- Bahay Fiesta (Close and fast with an inexpensive kids menu)
- DriftWood Pizza (Right on the beach with entertainment some nights, there is room for the kids to run and great pizza)
- Our cook, Shelley, will prepare your entire family a nice meal right at the villa. Cheap and easy.
- Travelers Palm (Just at the next little village you will find the drive along the jungle road as great as the inexpensive food there)